Good Samaritan Hospital frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
- If you are looking for a copy of a birth certificate for someone born at Good Samaritan Hospital, you must contact:
Village of Suffern, Birth Registrar
61 Washington Avenue
Suffern, NY 10901
Prior to contacting via mail, please visit The Village of Suffern website at http://suffernvillage.com/index.php?app=forms.php for information on what is required prior to recieving a birth certificate copy. (Scroll down to Birth Certificate section)
You will need to supply the following:
Date of Birth
Reason for request
Father’s name and mother’s maiden name
$10 money order or check
For additional information or to speak with the Birth Registrar at Good Samaritan Hospital, please contact
Heidi Tuttle - Birth Registrar
845-368-5000 ext. 6253
How can I obtain medical advice or a diagnosis?
- We do not offer medical advice via e-mail. Concerns pertaining to medical diagnoses and treatments should be discussed with your physician.
If you do not have a physician, please visit our online physician locatortool or call Good Samaritan Hospital Physician Referral Service at 1.800.HELP.IN.5
The most commonly asked questions are:
Does the hospital participate with my insurance?
- Patients can learn about their coverage by calling their insurance company or visit their insurance company website. Be sure to ask if a referral and/or pre-certification is required fo rhte specific type of service that is requested.
Do I have a co-pay/co-insurance to pay before my service is provided?
- It is required by your insurance company that it is the patient's responsibility to pay their co-pay at the time of service. Since the co-pay and deductible amount can vary, patients need to contact their insurance company for this information.
What other bills should I expect besides the one from the hospital? Or, why did I get a bill from these ancillary areas when I thought my insurance covered my entire stay/service provided at GSRMC?
- Depending on the type of service tha tis provided, you can expect additional billing from the following areas:
Ramapo Radiology: Radiology Billing 845.368.5533
Ramapo Anesthesiologists: Anesthesia Billing 845.357.5770
HPS: Pathology Billing 845.369.4200
Med Excel: E.D. Billing 845.565.9400
What telephone number do I call if I have a question about my hospital bill?
What do I do if I do not have health insurance?
- A financial counselor can set up an appointment with a representative from NCO Agency to assist the patient with a Medicaid application. If a patient is not eligble, then they will assist in filling out a Bon Secours Financial Assistance Application.
Do I need an appointment for the service that I require?
- To find out if an appointment is required, you may call Good Samaritan Hospital at 845.368.5000 and ask for the specific department that you need.
What are the hours of operation for the laboratory and radiology department?
- Laboratory Department:
Monday — Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. (Stat blood work only)
- Radiology Department:
Monday — Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for scheduled appointments
Monday — Sunday: 24 hours for xrays
Who do I call if I have a complaint about my care?
- Good Samaritan Hospital Patient Advocate Karenbeth Schlateger - 845.368.5111
Who do I call for my surgery arrival time?
- Good Samaritan Hospital Surgical Scheduling Department at 845.368.5000 ext. 5028