Plan a CME Activity
Please follow these steps to develop and execute quality CME activities. Thank you.
Step 1: To be completed by the planner.
The completed form must be received by the Medical Staff Office 3 months prior to the proposed CME activity. This form may be (1) completed and submitted electronically here or (2) can be printed out, completed by hand, and faxed to (845) 368-5938.
CME Request Form
Step 2: Committee Review
The CME Committee will review the completed form and either approve or reject the proposed CME activity. The CME program coordinator will then notify the planner of the status along with any relevant corrections and/or revisions if the activity is not approved.
*The CME Committee grants one (1) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ per one (1) hour.
Step 3: To be completed by the speaker.
The “Speaker” must complete the following forms:
- Conflict of Interest form
- Disclosure Statement and Policy
- Relevant Financial Disclosure Summary
The above forms MUST be submitted to the CME Coordinator at least 10 business days prior to the presentation.
Step 4: Important ACCME Guidelines
The planner and speaker must adhere to the following NYS ACCME Guidelines.
- During an educational presentation a sponsor cannot be mentioned and product-promotion material or product-specific advertisement of any type is prohibited.
- Disclosures never include the use of a corporate logo, trade name or a product-group message of an ACCME – defined commercial interest.
- A speaker must disclose all relevant financial relationships prior to the educational activity and also disclose verbally to participants at the CME activity.
- Resolution of Conflict of Interest, Disclosure Statement/Policy and Relevant Financial Disclosure correspondence submitted to the Medical Staff Office prior to the presentation is disclosed to all participants prior to the activity.
All marketing materials must be reviewed and approved by the CME Coordinator prior to distribution.
Step 5: To be completed by the attendees.
The following evaluation form is completed by all attendees and an attendance sheet will be supplied by the CME Coordinator.
- Evaluation Form
Step 6: Submit evaluations and attendance sheet.
The evaluation form and attendance sheet must be submitted to the CME Coordinator for appropriate credit.