The Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center Department of Radiation Oncology prides itself on the quality of its care and the quality of caring. We direct our therapeutic efforts to the person, not just the disease. The needs of our patients always come first. That is why the department has become the only one in Rockland County to achieve the prestigious accreditation from the American College of Radiology. Our team is accessible to you and your family, and we are flexible in our scheduling, which allows you to make appointments that fit into your daily routine. We also work with the American Cancer Society in providing transportation five days a week for our ambulatory patients.
The medical team includes two board certified radiation oncologist skilled in both standard and unique treatments. We have four licensed and registered radiation therapists, board certified Ph.D physicist, certified medical dosimetrist, a registered nurse and clerical staff.
The Department is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We want you to know we are here for you—being diagnosed with cancer is frightening but you do not have to face it alone. Our department number is 845-368-5185. If it is an emergency, please call the answering service at 1-866-596-8456 and a physician will return your call as soon as possible.
Our Program Provides:
- External beam therapy: including 3-D conformal therapy & IMRT
- Prostate implants; both preplanned and real time ultrasound guided treatment planning
- Remote afterloading high dose rate for treatment of lung, esophagus, breast, head and neck and gynecological malignancies
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Nucletron Sim/CT: Allows not only 3 dimensional simulation but also immediate CAT Scan verification of treatment fields accuracy
- Varian 2100C (dual energy) Linear Accelerator
- Multileaf capabilities: Which allows precise, computer-controlled blocking of normal tissue-an integral component of the 3-D treatment program
- Independent Jaws: This allow the physician to reduce overlapping of fields
- IMRT: Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy which allows higher radiation doses to be focused to regions within the tumor while minimizing the dose to surrounding normal critical structures
- IMPAC Record and Verify System: This ensures that accurate patient treatment is being delivered
- Treatment Planning Systems:
- Eleckta 3-D Conformal Treatment
- Plato 3-D conformal and Brachytherapy
- BrainLab – IMRT & Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Oncentra – Conformal & IMRT